ABILENE, Texas - The City of Abilene tells KTXS that they have tabled a proposed new assisted living center near the Abilene Christian University campus for a third time.
The proposed new assisted living center is going to be close to ACU's campus, near the corner of Garfield Ave. and Campus Court.
The home would be available to seniors ages 65 and up.
If finally approved by the Planning and Zoning Commission and then by the Abilene City Council, the three story center would house 120 seniors and employ twelve workers.
The proposed assisted living center will next be discussed again at the City Council meeting on September 2nd.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot