ABILENE, Texas - The City of Abilene tells KTXS that they have tabled a proposed new assisted living center near the Abilene Christian University campus for a third time.
The proposed new assisted living center is going to be close to ACU's campus, near the corner of Garfield Ave. and Campus Court.
The home would be available to seniors ages 65 and up.
If finally approved by the Planning and Zoning Commission and then by the Abilene City Council, the three story center would house 120 seniors and employ twelve workers.
The proposed assisted living center will next be discussed again at the City Council meeting on September 2nd.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend