ABILENE, Texas - The City of Abilene tells KTXS that they have tabled a proposed new assisted living center near the Abilene Christian University campus for a third time.
The proposed new assisted living center is going to be close to ACU's campus, near the corner of Garfield Ave. and Campus Court.
The home would be available to seniors ages 65 and up.
If finally approved by the Planning and Zoning Commission and then by the Abilene City Council, the three story center would house 120 seniors and employ twelve workers.
The proposed assisted living center will next be discussed again at the City Council meeting on September 2nd.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer