ABILENE, Texas - The big debate over the ban on gassing or fuming of rattlesnake dens is off the table, at least for now. This according to State Rep. Susan King.
At a town hall meeting in January in Sweetwater, the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department proposed the ban, just weeks before the Sweetwater Rattlesnake RoundUp, saying gas fumes were hazardous to insects and reptiles in the dens.
Rep. King said the Parks and Wildlife Department is now looking at forming a work group to look at the issue of fuming, but doesn't expect any action in the foreseeable future.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman