ABILENE, Texas - A proposal to build a new road on the far south side of Abilene has drawn the concern of at least one couple.
Will and Raney Edmiston appeared at Monday's Abilene Planning and Zoning Commission meeting to express dismay about a proposed thoroughfare south of Beltway connecting Antilley to Iberis Road.
The proposed new road would exist mere feet from this home.
"The community support has been significant," said Raney Edmiston. "Many letters have been written on behalf of our small community and our family individually. Many people are against this development."
The Abilene City Council is expected to vote on the Planning and Zoning Commission recommendations regarding the thoroughfare at the next meeting on March 14.
The current proposal to widen Old Forest Hill Road from a three-lane road to a five-lane road remains in the city's Master Thoroughfare Plan.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi