ABILENE, Texas - If you have school-aged kids, they will be starting up school again soon.
Psychotherapist Dr. Marc Orner said it's important to start children off on a school-like schedule before classes start to get them mentally prepared.
For example, waking your children up early and making sure they go to sleep early can help them get in practice of a real school schedule.
Dr. Orner also recommends to not give your children sugary breakfasts in the morning to prevent the "crash" they might experience later in the day.
"Start now in going to sleep earlier and getting them up earlier and planning the day as if they were going to school," Dr. Orner said. "In other words, with breakfast and setting out their clothes to get dressed, you start now and let the kids get ready for it and practice."
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot