Two public hearings are now set for residents to weigh in on the next Taylor County budget, which includes a tax rate increase.
Taylor County Commissioners Court agreed Tuesday on a proposed budget that includes a new tax rate of 52 cents per $100 valuation of a property. That amounts to about a $15 annual increase in taxes for a $100,000 home. The current tax rate currently sits at 50.47 cents per $100 valuation.
In total, the approved proposed budget comes in at $57.2 million and makes way for employee pay raises that were instituted last year.
Public hearings on the budget will be held Sept. 2 and Sept. 9 at the Taylor County Courthouse.
The county budget must be set by Oct. 1, which is the start of the new fiscal year.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget