ABILENE, Texas - Prime Time Family Entertainment Center was buzzing with putt-putt golfers of all ages supporting the Day Nursery of Abilene on Saturday.
Adults and children braved the wind and cold to be apart of the non-profit's 5th annual Putt Fore Children golf tournament. This year also marks the organization's 40th anniversary.
Day Nursery provides childcare for about 500 children in three different facilities.
Most families are low-income and are not likely to afford childcare without the help of the Day Nursery, which provides financial assistance for those families.
"We help to get children ready for school," President and CEO of Day Nursery Cynthia Pearson said. "We have a great partnership with AISD, a school readiness program for pre-school kids. We have an after school program. Without the services that Day Nursery provides there are nearly 400 families that couldn't go to work or school everyday."
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack