ABILENE, Texas - Three radio DJs, Rudy Fernandez, Shay Hill, and Pete Beretta from the country music radio station 105.1 KEAN participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Friday.
Fernandez and Hill both lost family members to Lou Gehrig's disease more commonly referred to as ALS.
A DJ from another radio station, Rock 108, nominated them.
Friday, with the help of the Abilene Fire Department, they took on the challenge.
After being drenched in the ice water, the DJs challenged country singer Kenny Chesney and a couple of Abilene firefighters to take on the challenge.
All three of the DJ's who participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge will be donating to the cause as well.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS