ABILENE, Texas - Three radio DJs, Rudy Fernandez, Shay Hill, and Pete Beretta from the country music radio station 105.1 KEAN participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Friday.
Fernandez and Hill both lost family members to Lou Gehrig's disease more commonly referred to as ALS.
A DJ from another radio station, Rock 108, nominated them.
Friday, with the help of the Abilene Fire Department, they took on the challenge.
After being drenched in the ice water, the DJs challenged country singer Kenny Chesney and a couple of Abilene firefighters to take on the challenge.
All three of the DJ's who participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge will be donating to the cause as well.
- Abilene City Council to review entire code of ordinances
- Taylor County grand jury indicts 32 on criminal charges
- Abilene women indicted for trafficking meth with children in car
- Outdoor workout equipment now available at Red Bud Park in Abilene
- Abilene City Council approves rezoning for downtown microbrewery