ABILENE, Texas - Three radio DJs, Rudy Fernandez, Shay Hill, and Pete Beretta from the country music radio station 105.1 KEAN participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Friday.
Fernandez and Hill both lost family members to Lou Gehrig's disease more commonly referred to as ALS.
A DJ from another radio station, Rock 108, nominated them.
Friday, with the help of the Abilene Fire Department, they took on the challenge.
After being drenched in the ice water, the DJs challenged country singer Kenny Chesney and a couple of Abilene firefighters to take on the challenge.
All three of the DJ's who participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge will be donating to the cause as well.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire