ABILENE, Texas - An estimated $4,000 of copper was reportedly stolen Sunday night after someone broke into a radio transmitter site in the 3600 block of Old Anson Road.
The site is owned Townsquare Media, which owns a number of radio stations in Abilene, including KEAN-FM 105.1, KEYJ-FM 107.9, KULL-FM 100.7, KMWX-FM 92.5, KSLI-AM 1280 and KYYW-AM 1470.
According to police, the copper tubing was ripped out of the building.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated