ABILENE, Texas - Texas Education Commissioner Michael Williams has proposed changing the rating system to a letter grade scale based on A through F starting in 2014.
Currently school districts are rated based on a scale from "exemplary" to "academically unacceptable." Williams plans to order this change without legislative approval.
Abilene ISD Superintendent Heath Burns feels the change is poorly timed with all the adjustments being made to the state accountability system.
"I believe community members and parents and teachers will look at that grade that's assigned and draw conclusions based upon a very complex and sophisticated system that may or may not be accurate," Burns said.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance