ABILENE, Texas - A Jones County deputy charged in connection to a recent shooting in Abilene was fired from the Taylor County Sheriff's Office in 2011 after working for the county since 2008.
Stephanie Fenner, 26, was arrested three days after she allegedly fired off three rounds at her girlfriend and another victim in the area of Old Anson Road and North Clack Street on April 27. The victims were inside a truck at the time and weren't injured.
Now, KTXS has obtained copies of Fenner's employment history from Taylor County's Human Resources Office – and the documents point to several indiscretions.
According to one document, ex-Sheriff Les Bruce and Fenner both signed off on a termination order on April 11, 2011. The document shows Fenner purchased and transported liquor (1.75 liters of Jack Daniels) in a marked patrol vehicle, used intoxicants and was impaired for a morning class, pointed two loaded pistols at another officer while intoxicated and arguing and was addressed by hotel security on two occasions for noise complaints pertaining to Fenner's level of intoxication.
Another document shows the investigation into Fenner's character before she was hired as a deputy for Taylor County. The background check reveals Fenner had worked for the Boy Scouts of America and Red Lobster and had good recommendations from the previous employers as well as family friends. The investigating deputy also said Fenner arrived early for her interview and appeared to be "clean and professional" with a "very good personality."
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer