Abilene's Medication Cleanout reported a record-breaking number of participants Saturday.
Approximately 160 people brought their unused and expired prescription medications to the Texas Tech 's
According to health experts, safe disposal of these medications can prevent accidental poisonings and also prevent prescription medications from landing in the hands of children or drug abusers.
The event ran from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range