Abilene's Medication Cleanout reported a record-breaking number of participants Saturday.
Approximately 160 people brought their unused and expired prescription medications to the Texas Tech 's
According to health experts, safe disposal of these medications can prevent accidental poisonings and also prevent prescription medications from landing in the hands of children or drug abusers.
The event ran from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen