ABILENE, Texas - Severe weather is right around the corner and the Red Cross is asking for your help.
They need volunteers just in case a disaster strikes in our area.
They're offering a disaster assessment course on Saturday at the Red Cross office on North 2nd St. from 9a.m. to noon.
Once volunteers have gone through the disaster course they can help national disaster relief operations.
Right now, they have seven volunteers that cover fifteen counties in the Big Country.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting