ABILENE, Texas - Severe weather is right around the corner and the Red Cross is asking for your help.
They need volunteers just in case a disaster strikes in our area.
They're offering a disaster assessment course on Saturday at the Red Cross office on North 2nd St. from 9a.m. to noon.
Once volunteers have gone through the disaster course they can help national disaster relief operations.
Right now, they have seven volunteers that cover fifteen counties in the Big Country.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin Nykea Aldridge
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident