ABILENE, Texas - The Salvation Army is accepting applications for its Christmas assistance program.
Newborn children up to age 12 qualify for the program.
To register, visit 1733 Poplar Street in Abilene. They are open Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The last day to register is October 26.
Parents and guardians are required to bring several documents to sign up. You must present a photo ID, proof of income, proof of residence, proof of all expenses, and the social security card of the child.
The Angel Tree program provides Christmas presents for children in need.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated