ABILENE, Texas - The Salvation Army is accepting applications for its Christmas assistance program.
Newborn children up to age 12 qualify for the program.
To register, visit 1733 Poplar Street in Abilene. They are open Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The last day to register is October 26.
Parents and guardians are required to bring several documents to sign up. You must present a photo ID, proof of income, proof of residence, proof of all expenses, and the social security card of the child.
The Angel Tree program provides Christmas presents for children in need.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash