ABILENE, Texas - The Salvation Army is accepting applications for its Christmas assistance program.
Newborn children up to age 12 qualify for the program.
To register, visit 1733 Poplar Street in Abilene. They are open Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The last day to register is October 26.
Parents and guardians are required to bring several documents to sign up. You must present a photo ID, proof of income, proof of residence, proof of all expenses, and the social security card of the child.
The Angel Tree program provides Christmas presents for children in need.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack