ABILENE, Texas - Relay for Life takes over the soccer fields at Abilene Christian University Friday night.
The event begins at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, April 26 and runs through 6:30 a.m. Saturday at ACU's Soccer/Softball Complex at 1600 Campus Court in Abilene.
Jacque Thweatt and Michelle Perkins visited KTXS on Thursday and spoke about this year's event.
During Relay For Life events, participants will stay out all night at an outdoor venue, in this case the soccer fields, and take turns walking around a specified path. Each team must have a participant walking the path at all times.
There are special events throughout Relay as well, such as themed walks, music, games, and other activities.
The most famous of these activities is the Luminaria Ceremony, which takes place at night. The Luminaria circle the track and have some sort of light inside. Each one bares the name of someone who has battled cancer.
For more information, call 325-672-3705 or visit relayforlife.org/AbileneTx.
- 'America' band member David Dickey passes away in Sweetwater
- Schools to rally behind Iraan cheerleaders and football players
- Sweetwater Christmas parade kicking off Monday night
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive