ABILENE, Texas - Local restaurants are gearing up for Taste of Abilene 2013.
Anthony Crespo from Buffalo Wild Wings visited KTXS This Morning to give a preview of this year's event.
The Taste of Abilene will run from 6 - 8 p.m. on Tuesday, April 30 at the Abilene Civic Center. It is organized by the Abilene Rotary Club and the Abilene Restaurant Association.
Tickets cost $30. They can be purchased at the north location of Chick-fil-A, In Focus Digital, Star Dodge, or online.
The event raises money for local organizations, including Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Meals on Wheels, Noah Project, and many more.
Last year over $20,000 was raised.
Some of the restaurants participating this year include Cattle Baron Cafe, Jimmy John's, Lytle Land and Cattle, Perini Ranch, Sharon's Barbeque, plus many more.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting