ABILENE, Texas - Retired banker Ken Burgess has been chosen 2012 Outstanding Citizen by the Abilene Chamber of Commerce.
Burgess was named at the Abilene Chamber of Commerce's annual banquet Tuesday night. He s a former Development Corporation of Abilene chairman and board member, as well a board member of the Texas Tech Foundation and the Abilene Country Club.
Texas Tech Chancellor Kent Hance was the guest speaker.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Updated San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warming trend through the week but a brief cool down on the way
- Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking
- 150 exhibitors to attend Texas Farm, Ranch & Wildlife Expo in Abilene
- Missing elderly woman found safe in Abilene
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field