ABILENE, Texas - Retired banker Ken Burgess has been chosen 2012 Outstanding Citizen by the Abilene Chamber of Commerce.
Burgess was named at the Abilene Chamber of Commerce's annual banquet Tuesday night. He s a former Development Corporation of Abilene chairman and board member, as well a board member of the Texas Tech Foundation and the Abilene Country Club.
Texas Tech Chancellor Kent Hance was the guest speaker.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth