ABILENE, Texas - The outgoing CEO of the Development Corporation of Abilene will serve as interim CEO for at least the next three months.
Richard Burdine will retire Feb. 28 after serving as CEO of the DCOA for 10 years.
He's been asked to serve as interim CEO until a replacement is found.
Burdine's contract is for three months, starting March 1 – with an option to extend on a month-to-month basis.
He'll be paid $15,293 a month, which comes out to $183,516 a year, plus benefits.
That is the same salary he currently is receiving as CEO.
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event