ABILENE, Texas - The outgoing CEO of the Development Corporation of Abilene will serve as interim CEO for at least the next three months.
Richard Burdine will retire Feb. 28 after serving as CEO of the DCOA for 10 years.
He's been asked to serve as interim CEO until a replacement is found.
Burdine's contract is for three months, starting March 1 – with an option to extend on a month-to-month basis.
He'll be paid $15,293 a month, which comes out to $183,516 a year, plus benefits.
That is the same salary he currently is receiving as CEO.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana