ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Planning and Zoning Commission endorsed a proposal Thursday to rezone land at 2668 Garfield Ave. in north Abilene.
Developer Nick Coates wants to build a retirement home or assisted living facility at the location.
The Abilene City Council will take up the issue on Oct. 9.
Coates sought to have about 12 acres there rezoned from agricultural open space and single-family residential to planned development.
The Planning and Zoning Commission turned down Coates' request a few weeks ago, but after he made some changes, its members agreed to recommend the rezoning to the Abilene City Council.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget