ABILENE, Texas - Ricky Bishop was officially sworn in as Taylor County Sheriff at 12:01 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2013.
Bishop beat out incumbent Sheriff Les Bruce in a Republican primary run-off election earlier this year. He then ran unopposed in November.
"You know since July we've been counting down and anxious and ready to get started, and move the department forward, and make the community a safer place," Bishop said.
After his own ceremony, Bishop swore in a few of his deputies.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017