ABILENE, Texas - Taylor County Sheriff elect Ricky Bishop will be officially sworn when the clock barely ticks into 2013 -- at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday.
The swearing in will take place in the upstairs conference room at the Abilene/Taylor County Law Enforcement Center. The public is invited to attend.
The new sheriff will swear-in some of his new deputies following his own ceremony.
Bishop beat out incumbent Sheriff Les Bruce in a Republican primary run-off earlier this year. He then ran unopposed in the November election.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday