ABILENE, Texas - A number of road construction and maintenance projects are planned for Abilene and Taylor County this week.
Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release detailing planned construction and maintenance projects for the Abilene and Taylor County area for March 24-28:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. US 83 frontage roads from Canyon Rock Road to FM 707: Frontage road work continues. Inside lanes are closed and traffic is limited to one way on each side of the freeway.The southbound exit to Clack Street is closed as crews reconstruct the ramp. When the reconstructed Clack exit opens, the exit from Loop 322/Treadaway to Clack will be closed. Traffic that would normally access destinations from that direction will need to use Antilley Road, Memorial Drive and Covent Drive to reach locations along Clack. This change is expected to happen in late March or early April. (See map below for details.)
2. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
3. Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Frontage road work continues. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. The northbound entrance ramp at Industrial Boulevard is closed, and traffic will need to enter the freeway at the ramp just past Oldham Lane.
4. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Crews will be working on construction of the south side of the bridge. Traffic islimited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
1. FM 2404 from Jones County line to US 277: Level-up.
2. I-20 south frontage road fromTye to FM 3438: Base failure repairs.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer