ABILENE, Texas - A number of road construction and maintenance projects are planned for Abilene and Taylor County this week.
Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release detailing planned construction and maintenance projects for the Abilene and Taylor County area for March 24-28:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. US 83 frontage roads from Canyon Rock Road to FM 707: Frontage road work continues. Inside lanes are closed and traffic is limited to one way on each side of the freeway.The southbound exit to Clack Street is closed as crews reconstruct the ramp. When the reconstructed Clack exit opens, the exit from Loop 322/Treadaway to Clack will be closed. Traffic that would normally access destinations from that direction will need to use Antilley Road, Memorial Drive and Covent Drive to reach locations along Clack. This change is expected to happen in late March or early April. (See map below for details.)
2. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
3. Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Frontage road work continues. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. The northbound entrance ramp at Industrial Boulevard is closed, and traffic will need to enter the freeway at the ramp just past Oldham Lane.
4. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Crews will be working on construction of the south side of the bridge. Traffic islimited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
1. FM 2404 from Jones County line to US 277: Level-up.
2. I-20 south frontage road fromTye to FM 3438: Base failure repairs.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Updated Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill