ABILENE, Texas - A 30-year-old Abilene man faces drug charges after being arrested following what police say was a routine traffic stop.
Police say Jeffrey Corley was driving on Grape Street around 10 p.m. Tuesday when an officer pulled him over for a traffic violation. The officer reported Corley was acting nervous. A record search showed Corley had previous arrests for drugs.
A K9 unit for APD made a positive alert on Corley's car. Police searched the vehicle and allegedly found drug paraphernalia, $495 in cash, methamphetamine, and scales.
Corley was arrested and charged with second-degree felony of manufacturing/delivery of a controlled substance. He is in the Taylor County Jail with bonds totaling $10,000
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season