ABILENE, Texas - A 30-year-old Abilene man faces drug charges after being arrested following what police say was a routine traffic stop.
Police say Jeffrey Corley was driving on Grape Street around 10 p.m. Tuesday when an officer pulled him over for a traffic violation. The officer reported Corley was acting nervous. A record search showed Corley had previous arrests for drugs.
A K9 unit for APD made a positive alert on Corley's car. Police searched the vehicle and allegedly found drug paraphernalia, $495 in cash, methamphetamine, and scales.
Corley was arrested and charged with second-degree felony of manufacturing/delivery of a controlled substance. He is in the Taylor County Jail with bonds totaling $10,000
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit