ABILENE, Texas - About 250 people showed up to Nelson Park this morning to participate in the Run for our Youth 5K.
The race is in its second year and it's sponsored by the Hendrick Wellness Center.
All the money raised at the event goes directly towards funding the Abilene Transition Center.
The Transition center helps at-risk area youth finish school, get their GED's and find jobs.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking