ABILENE, Texas - About 250 people showed up to Nelson Park this morning to participate in the Run for our Youth 5K.
The race is in its second year and it's sponsored by the Hendrick Wellness Center.
All the money raised at the event goes directly towards funding the Abilene Transition Center.
The Transition center helps at-risk area youth finish school, get their GED's and find jobs.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances