ABILENE, Texas - Are you looking for a cute, cuddly friend to warm you up this winter?
You're in luck. The Abilene Animal Shelter is ten animals away from beating last December's adoption record.
"We're trying to break a record that goes all the way through the first of Jan.," Animal Services Manager Aaron Vannoy said. "We'll keep are sale going through then."
The animal shelter has a 50% off adoption sale, which continues through this week.
The cost: $20 for any animal. You'll also receive a $20 rebate after the animal is spayed or neutered.
In 2012, 400 animals were dropped off for the month of Dec. which is 100 more than last year.
"So if you're still looking for one to adopt whether it be a dog, cat, kitten or puppy we may have it here at the shelter," Vannoy said.
The Animal Shelter said the adoptions this year are a success.
"We've done a really great job of promoting the animals," said Vannoy.
Last year, 233 animals were sold during the month of Dec. In 2012, they have already sold 226.
Here's the information if you are looking to adopt an animal. The Abilene Animal Shelter is located at 925 South 25th St.
The shelter is open Mon.-Fri. from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
On Saturday, 10 a.m to 2 p.m. and closed on Sunday and all major holidays.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer