ABILENE, Texas - Are you looking for a cute, cuddly friend to warm you up this winter?
You're in luck. The Abilene Animal Shelter is ten animals away from beating last December's adoption record.
"We're trying to break a record that goes all the way through the first of Jan.," Animal Services Manager Aaron Vannoy said. "We'll keep are sale going through then."
The animal shelter has a 50% off adoption sale, which continues through this week.
The cost: $20 for any animal. You'll also receive a $20 rebate after the animal is spayed or neutered.
In 2012, 400 animals were dropped off for the month of Dec. which is 100 more than last year.
"So if you're still looking for one to adopt whether it be a dog, cat, kitten or puppy we may have it here at the shelter," Vannoy said.
The Animal Shelter said the adoptions this year are a success.
"We've done a really great job of promoting the animals," said Vannoy.
Last year, 233 animals were sold during the month of Dec. In 2012, they have already sold 226.
Here's the information if you are looking to adopt an animal. The Abilene Animal Shelter is located at 925 South 25th St.
The shelter is open Mon.-Fri. from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
On Saturday, 10 a.m to 2 p.m. and closed on Sunday and all major holidays.
- Updated Police: Man now faces murder charge in Big Spring after woman, 64, dies
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget