ABILENE, Texas - As the temperatures drop, the Salvation Army anticipates larger crowds.
The Salvation Army in Abilene is taking some extra measures to make sure people have a warm place to stay the next couple of days.
People needing to stay at the Salvation Army will have a warm bed and blankets.
The kitchen will also be open and people will receive dinner and breakfast.
The Salvation Army is located at 1726 Butternut St.
They start check-ins every day at 4:30 p.m. and will be serving a Christmas lunch tomorrow from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS