ABILENE, Texas - As the temperatures drop, the Salvation Army anticipates larger crowds.
The Salvation Army in Abilene is taking some extra measures to make sure people have a warm place to stay the next couple of days.
People needing to stay at the Salvation Army will have a warm bed and blankets.
The kitchen will also be open and people will receive dinner and breakfast.
The Salvation Army is located at 1726 Butternut St.
They start check-ins every day at 4:30 p.m. and will be serving a Christmas lunch tomorrow from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene