ABILENE, Texas - As the temperatures drop, the Salvation Army anticipates larger crowds.
The Salvation Army in Abilene is taking some extra measures to make sure people have a warm place to stay the next couple of days.
People needing to stay at the Salvation Army will have a warm bed and blankets.
The kitchen will also be open and people will receive dinner and breakfast.
The Salvation Army is located at 1726 Butternut St.
They start check-ins every day at 4:30 p.m. and will be serving a Christmas lunch tomorrow from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death