ABILENE, Texas - As the temperatures drop, the Salvation Army anticipates larger crowds.
The Salvation Army in Abilene is taking some extra measures to make sure people have a warm place to stay the next couple of days.
People needing to stay at the Salvation Army will have a warm bed and blankets.
The kitchen will also be open and people will receive dinner and breakfast.
The Salvation Army is located at 1726 Butternut St.
They start check-ins every day at 4:30 p.m. and will be serving a Christmas lunch tomorrow from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash