ABILENE, Texasw - Sandino, a member of the famous Six White Horses team at Hardin-Simmons University, had surgery Friday morning to remove an eye after last night's hailstorm.
HSU spokesman James Stone said the horse was allowed to roam in an enclosure Thursday while other horses on the team were in a parade in Cross Plains. Stone said Sandino didn't seek cover and was injured as a result.
The Six White Horses team is world famous. It has been featured in shows and parades since the 1930s. That includes inaugural parades for six U.S. Presidents.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program