ABILENE, Texasw - Sandino, a member of the famous Six White Horses team at Hardin-Simmons University, had surgery Friday morning to remove an eye after last night's hailstorm.
HSU spokesman James Stone said the horse was allowed to roam in an enclosure Thursday while other horses on the team were in a parade in Cross Plains. Stone said Sandino didn't seek cover and was injured as a result.
The Six White Horses team is world famous. It has been featured in shows and parades since the 1930s. That includes inaugural parades for six U.S. Presidents.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth