ABILENE, Texasw - Sandino, a member of the famous Six White Horses team at Hardin-Simmons University, had surgery Friday morning to remove an eye after last night's hailstorm.
HSU spokesman James Stone said the horse was allowed to roam in an enclosure Thursday while other horses on the team were in a parade in Cross Plains. Stone said Sandino didn't seek cover and was injured as a result.
The Six White Horses team is world famous. It has been featured in shows and parades since the 1930s. That includes inaugural parades for six U.S. Presidents.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend