ABILENE, Texasw - Sandino, a member of the famous Six White Horses team at Hardin-Simmons University, had surgery Friday morning to remove an eye after last night's hailstorm.
HSU spokesman James Stone said the horse was allowed to roam in an enclosure Thursday while other horses on the team were in a parade in Cross Plains. Stone said Sandino didn't seek cover and was injured as a result.
The Six White Horses team is world famous. It has been featured in shows and parades since the 1930s. That includes inaugural parades for six U.S. Presidents.
- Updated Historical treasures lost, damaged in Italian quake
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene