ABILENE, Texas - A grieving Abilene father is working to raise money in memory of those he loved.
Breanna Camacho,13, and Elexus Flores, 16, were killed on April 15, 2012.
The car they were in ran off the road and struck a tree. A 17-year-old boy was driving the car. He was convicted of DUI and given 20 years in prison in 2013.
Wednesday, the father of Breanna and uncle of Elexus, Rocky Camacho, announced he was raffling off two NFL items to fund two scholarships in their names.
Two scholarships were also given out last year.
This year they'll raffle off two pieces of memorabilia: A Tony Dorsett helmet and a quarterback Matt Schuab jersey. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at La Voz 93 FM at 209 South Danville, Suite A.
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency