ABILENE, Texas - A grieving Abilene father is working to raise money in memory of those he loved.
Breanna Camacho,13, and Elexus Flores, 16, were killed on April 15, 2012.
The car they were in ran off the road and struck a tree. A 17-year-old boy was driving the car. He was convicted of DUI and given 20 years in prison in 2013.
Wednesday, the father of Breanna and uncle of Elexus, Rocky Camacho, announced he was raffling off two NFL items to fund two scholarships in their names.
Two scholarships were also given out last year.
This year they'll raffle off two pieces of memorabilia: A Tony Dorsett helmet and a quarterback Matt Schuab jersey. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at La Voz 93 FM at 209 South Danville, Suite A.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer