ABILENE, Texas - Sears Methodist Retirement Systems have voluntarily filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
According to a statement released by the company, although they have filed for bankruptcy, nothing will change and all centers will remain open.
The decision to file bankruptcy was made to reduce debt, restructure their financial dealings and better serve their patients.
Sears Methodist offers retirement housing for about 1,500 seniors in all 11 locations across Texas.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field