ABILENE, Texas - Sears Methodist Retirement Systems have voluntarily filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
According to a statement released by the company, although they have filed for bankruptcy, nothing will change and all centers will remain open.
The decision to file bankruptcy was made to reduce debt, restructure their financial dealings and better serve their patients.
Sears Methodist offers retirement housing for about 1,500 seniors in all 11 locations across Texas.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday