ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene cell phone tower on Ash Street fell victim to copper theft over the weekend.
It is the second cell phone tower in the recent weeks that has reported copper wiring theft. Police say an unknown suspect(s) stole 30 feet of copper wiring, valued at about $100, from the Ash Street tower in downtown Abilene. Approximately $10,000 was stolen from a Vogel Avenue tower in mid-February.
Police are investigating both thefts but said they do not yet have reason to believe the cases are connected.
Anonymous tips can be called in to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS (8477).
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range