ABILENE, Texas - A second Abilene teen has been charged with criminal mischief in connection with last week's BB gun shooting spree.
According to an arrest report, Jarron Barnett, 17, was arrested Friday night after he was found at his home, along with the suspected vehicle involved in the crimes. When police arrived, Barnett gave them permission to search the car. Four BB guns along with loose BBs were found.
More than 100 BB gun vandalism cases were reported in Abilene last week.
When brought in for questioning, Barnett admitted to being the driver for the BB gun shootings on Tuesday while three others shot car windows out. He was booked into the Taylor County Jail on Friday with bond set at $2,500. Barnett has since been released.
Taquan Brown, 17, was also arrested Friday night in connection with the recent barrage of BB gun vandalism incidents.
According to arrest reports the teen was a person of interest in the investigation and agreed to be questioned by Abilene Police.
A written statement says he admitted to being in a truck with others while driving around and shooting out windows.
Brown was booked into the Taylor County Jail on $2,500 bond, but he has since been released.
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit