ABILENE, Texas - Senior citizens met at Wisteria Place on Saturday to celebrate an event known as The Longest Day.
To raise money and awareness for Alzheimer's Association, about a dozen seniors participated in bingo, ate pancakes and did Zumba.
Seniors also watched Finding Nemo at Red Bud Plaza and one spokesperson said the event was actually organized to bring awareness to a cause many don't think about.
"We're taking the day to do what we love from sunrise to sunset," Karen Rampy, regional director, said. "In honor of caregivers and people living with Alzheimer and the endurance that they have in living with this disease."
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide