ABILENE, Texas - Senior citizens met at Wisteria Place on Saturday to celebrate an event known as The Longest Day.
To raise money and awareness for Alzheimer's Association, about a dozen seniors participated in bingo, ate pancakes and did Zumba.
Seniors also watched Finding Nemo at Red Bud Plaza and one spokesperson said the event was actually organized to bring awareness to a cause many don't think about.
"We're taking the day to do what we love from sunrise to sunset," Karen Rampy, regional director, said. "In honor of caregivers and people living with Alzheimer and the endurance that they have in living with this disease."
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Gang member on Texas 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught