ABILENE, Texas - Senior citizens met at Wisteria Place on Saturday to celebrate an event known as The Longest Day.
To raise money and awareness for Alzheimer's Association, about a dozen seniors participated in bingo, ate pancakes and did Zumba.
Seniors also watched Finding Nemo at Red Bud Plaza and one spokesperson said the event was actually organized to bring awareness to a cause many don't think about.
"We're taking the day to do what we love from sunrise to sunset," Karen Rampy, regional director, said. "In honor of caregivers and people living with Alzheimer and the endurance that they have in living with this disease."
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera