ABILENE, Texas - Senior citizens met at Wisteria Place on Saturday to celebrate an event known as The Longest Day.
To raise money and awareness for Alzheimer's Association, about a dozen seniors participated in bingo, ate pancakes and did Zumba.
Seniors also watched Finding Nemo at Red Bud Plaza and one spokesperson said the event was actually organized to bring awareness to a cause many don't think about.
"We're taking the day to do what we love from sunrise to sunset," Karen Rampy, regional director, said. "In honor of caregivers and people living with Alzheimer and the endurance that they have in living with this disease."
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth