ABILENE, Texas - A former state senator from Abilene will be remembered Friday at a memorial service.
Grant Jones, 90, was born in Abilene, graduated from Abilene High School and returned to the Big Country after college and service to the country in World War II.
Jones is most remembered for his stints in the Texas House of Representatives and the state senate where he served for eight years as a representative and sixteen as our state senator. Jones was a Democrat throughout his political career.
Jones will be remembered at a memorial service at St. Paul United Methodist Church Friday at 1:30 p.m. Burial is Thursday at 10:30 a.m. at the Texas State Cemetery in Austin.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking