ABILENE, Texas - A former state senator from Abilene will be remembered Friday at a memorial service.
Grant Jones, 90, was born in Abilene, graduated from Abilene High School and returned to the Big Country after college and service to the country in World War II.
Jones is most remembered for his stints in the Texas House of Representatives and the state senate where he served for eight years as a representative and sixteen as our state senator. Jones was a Democrat throughout his political career.
Jones will be remembered at a memorial service at St. Paul United Methodist Church Friday at 1:30 p.m. Burial is Thursday at 10:30 a.m. at the Texas State Cemetery in Austin.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget