ABILENE, Texas - Thursday, July 24 will mark the seventh annual Dachshund Races in Abilene. The races and the show had to be rescheduled because of last week's torrential downpour. The gates open at 5:00 P.M. at the Festival Gardens across from Abilene Zoo.
There will be shots and micro chipping offered for pets from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Shots will be $24.99 and microchips will be $10.
At 6:30 PM the Rescued Dog Reunion will begin. The dog reunion is a show that any rescued dog can participate in and there is no registration required. Judges will be awarding trophies in many different categories, including Fat Dog of the Year, Best Costume, Owner and Dog Look Alike and many more.
Starting at 7:00 P.M. the Dachshund Races will begin. Any dachshund is eligible to race provided they are current on their shots and have been registered to race.
You can pre-register your dog on the Rescue the Animals website or you can register at the gate the day of the race. Bring your family for a fun-filled event.
Refreshments will be sold at the event with all proceeds going to support Rescue the Animals, SPCA.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth