ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman is no longer facing sexual assault charges after the case went before a grand jury.
Latoya Lynn Dunlap, 33, was no billed by a Taylor County grand jury Thursday after she was arrested and charged earlier this month with second-degree felony sexual assault of a child, according to police.
Jurors did not find enough evidence to indict Dunlap.
Abilene police responded to a child protection call in March. At the time, police said an investigation revealed Dunlap had been sexually assaulting a child in her care.
According to court records, another person in the house reported the woman after allegedly catching the child and Dunlap together. The police report stated the child said it had been going on for almost a year.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations