ABILENE, Texas - Love and Care Ministries helps thousands in the Big Country and now they need some help.
Mission Thanksgiving is how Love and Care Ministries receives most of its donations. Last year during Mission Thanksgiving the weather was freezing and rainy. That was a recipe that kept people off the roads – and pantry shelves are now suffering. The organization needs your help.
"Whether they are homeless or poor, get some groceries for that person," Love and Care Ministries Founder and Executive Director Mark Hewitt said. "Bring them by Love and Care Ministries. That will help us."
Two years ago Mission Thanksgiving brought in 13 trailers of donations. Last year only two trailers included food.
Hewitt said that leaves them three months shorter than usual.
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children