Signage outside the old Pizza Inn on Judge Ely shows it's about to become another McAlister's Deli.
We checked out city of Abilene permit and property records, which show no sign of McAlister's preparing to do any work on the site just yet.
McAlister's Deli built its first Abilene location from the ground up on the city's southside, opening its doors just a few weeks ago on Sept. 30. The north side location would make for the second McAlister's Deli in Abilene.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic