Sign up for the Affordable care Act started Tuesday.
Millions of Americans visited new online health insurance exchanges, suggesting there may be a broad national appetite for the coverage that President Obama has promised with his health care law. But many people encountered technical problems with the online sign-up.
Abilene Regional Medical Center tells us they have been preparing for October 1 for months. They have four employee counselors who have been trained, tested and certified to assist the public in completing the enrollment process and can help uninsured residents review insurance plan options.
Hendrick Medical Center says they are referring people to the healthcare exchange site.
CLICK HERE for that website
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated