ABILENE, TX - KTXS has more details about a fatal accident that happened at Smith Pipe around 7pm on Monday night.
Thomas Blaine Stewart, 38 was an employee of the Smith Pipe.
A tanker slid off of a trailer and landed on top of him.
Emergency medical officers and sheriff's deputies were called to the area on HWY 277. The Sheriff's office are still investigating, but they say it's an accident.
We spoke to the Sheriff's office Tuesday.
"The justice of the peace ordered and autopsy," said Lt. John Cummins. "We'll be waiting for the results from that before a final determination by our investigators can be made."
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase