A smoky fire drew a lot of attention in north Abilene Friday evening.
The fire started about 6:30 p.m. in the 14-hundred block of North 19th Street.
They're still investigating how the fire started. It burned a storage building that was also being used as a mechanic shop.
Seven vehicles close by also burned and the fire spread to the yard and trees. It did not spread to any homes.
Firefighters say the smoke from the fire was so black because of tires and petroleum products that were burning. That also made the fire hard to put out.
No one was injured.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated