A smoky fire drew a lot of attention in north Abilene Friday evening.
The fire started about 6:30 p.m. in the 14-hundred block of North 19th Street.
They're still investigating how the fire started. It burned a storage building that was also being used as a mechanic shop.
Seven vehicles close by also burned and the fire spread to the yard and trees. It did not spread to any homes.
Firefighters say the smoke from the fire was so black because of tires and petroleum products that were burning. That also made the fire hard to put out.
No one was injured.
- Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading