A smoky fire drew a lot of attention in north Abilene Friday evening.
The fire started about 6:30 p.m. in the 14-hundred block of North 19th Street.
They're still investigating how the fire started. It burned a storage building that was also being used as a mechanic shop.
Seven vehicles close by also burned and the fire spread to the yard and trees. It did not spread to any homes.
Firefighters say the smoke from the fire was so black because of tires and petroleum products that were burning. That also made the fire hard to put out.
No one was injured.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy