SCURRY COUNTY, Texas - This week marked one year since Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn's remains were discovered near Lake J.B. Thomas in Scurry County.
The remains were found on March 16, 2013 – more than two years after she first went missing.
Hailey Dunn was last seen leaving her Colorado City home on Dec. 27, 2010, according to Shawn Adkins, who was Hailey's mother's live-in boyfriend at the time.
In late April of 2013 authorities announced the remains found near the lake were in fact her remains.
Adkins was the only suspect ever named in the teen's disappearance. No arrest has yet been made.
We wanted to know if there had been any progress in finding the person responsible for her death, so we contacted the FBI agent working the case. An FBI official told us the case is still open and there are no new leads.
- Updated Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Abilene city manager proposes study of tiered water rates
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash