SCURRY COUNTY, Texas - This week marked one year since Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn's remains were discovered near Lake J.B. Thomas in Scurry County.
The remains were found on March 16, 2013 – more than two years after she first went missing.
Hailey Dunn was last seen leaving her Colorado City home on Dec. 27, 2010, according to Shawn Adkins, who was Hailey's mother's live-in boyfriend at the time.
In late April of 2013 authorities announced the remains found near the lake were in fact her remains.
Adkins was the only suspect ever named in the teen's disappearance. No arrest has yet been made.
We wanted to know if there had been any progress in finding the person responsible for her death, so we contacted the FBI agent working the case. An FBI official told us the case is still open and there are no new leads.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday