ABILNE, Texas - The city of Abilene announced one of two city pools will not open this summer. This comes after the Abilene State Park said their pool will be closed for 2014.
Stevenson Park Pool will not open this summer because of a substantial leak, and what the city claims are infrastructural concerns. City officials say the summer will be used to try and fix the problem so the pool can open in 2015.
Meanwhile, the Rose Park Pool will open this summer. The first day of operation will be May 31. It will be open Tuesday through Sunday from 1 to 6 p.m.
The city of Abilene says they're still accepting applications for certified lifeguards. You can find a link to that website HERE.
- Updated 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Updated Oakland fire kills at least 9 at warehouse party, fire chief says
- Dyess Air Force Base unveils Wall of Honor
- Updated Abilene church raises money for Kenyan orphans
- McMurry University hosts annual high school debates
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children