ABILENE, Texas - Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean will be sworn in as the Precinct 1, Place 2 Justice of the Peace Monday.
Taylor County commissioners voted unanimously to appoint Dean to the position. He has been serving as the public information officer for DPS and will fill A.L. Deatherage's spot after Deatherage retired in May.
Dean's swearing in ceremony is set for 1:30 p.m. Monday at the Old Taylor County Courthouse.
District Judge Thomas Wheeler will preside over the ceremony.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend