ABILENE, Texas - It was a sad sight if you were car's owner.
The owner of a Mazda Miata told authorities he was fishing last week when he noticed his sports car slipping into the water at Kirby Lake.
He wasn't able to stop it -- and the car spent the weekend underwater.
Monday, divers hooked a cable onto the car, which was about 150 from shore, and a tow truck pulled it out of the lake.
They actually had to use a sonar device to find the car in the lake.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger