ABILENE, Texas - The next round of STAAR and TAKS testing started Tuesday in Abilene schools.
Middle school and elementary school students from third to eighth grade will sit for the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness or STAAR test.
Eleventh and some 12th graders began taking the exit Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills or TAKS test. For those high schoolers who need it, they're also taking the TAKS re-test.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash