ABILENE, Texas - The next round of STAAR and TAKS testing started Tuesday in Abilene schools.
Middle school and elementary school students from third to eighth grade will sit for the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness or STAAR test.
Eleventh and some 12th graders began taking the exit Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills or TAKS test. For those high schoolers who need it, they're also taking the TAKS re-test.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances