The Texas Department of Transportation has plans to make Ranger Hill safer by kicking off a construction project in April.
Plans are to install safety lighting, pavement resurfacing and new pavement markings. A 54-inch concrete median barrier will also be constructed to prevent vehicles from crossing into oncoming traffic.
Some lanes will be closed intermittently, so TxDOT is urging drivers to slow down and pay attention until construction is done.
The project should be done by the end of the summer.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue