The Texas Department of Transportation has plans to make Ranger Hill safer by kicking off a construction project in April.
Plans are to install safety lighting, pavement resurfacing and new pavement markings. A 54-inch concrete median barrier will also be constructed to prevent vehicles from crossing into oncoming traffic.
Some lanes will be closed intermittently, so TxDOT is urging drivers to slow down and pay attention until construction is done.
The project should be done by the end of the summer.
- Updated Dem convention speeches Day 4: CNN's Reality Check Team vets the claims
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'