The Texas Department of Transportation has plans to make Ranger Hill safer by kicking off a construction project in April.
Plans are to install safety lighting, pavement resurfacing and new pavement markings. A 54-inch concrete median barrier will also be constructed to prevent vehicles from crossing into oncoming traffic.
Some lanes will be closed intermittently, so TxDOT is urging drivers to slow down and pay attention until construction is done.
The project should be done by the end of the summer.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen