A hailstorm in Brown County brought ping pong ball sized hail to Lake Brownwood over Easter weekend.
According to KTXS Viewer Barbara McQueary, the storm began around 6:45 p.m. Saturday and lasted for about 30 minutes.
In 2011, Easter weekend brought severe hailstorms to Abilene. Thousands of cars and homes were damaged after softball sized hailstones slammed the city.
The National Weather Service reported 60 to 80 cars were damaged in the parking lots at the Mall of Abilene alone.
Large hailstones can fall at more than 100 miles per hour.
In 2011, Taylor County ranked first in Texas for the number of hail and wind insurance claims filed.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account