TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas - Water rescues, damage to power lines, and street flooding reports are pouring in over Taylor County scanners.
Video sent to KTXS from from the Mall of Abilene showed damage after a large storm damaged the skylights above the mall.
Law enforcement have been on the scene of multiple water rescues after cars were flooded out in high waters.
KTXS photographers have seen many power lines snapped on both south and north sides of town.
We've received multiple reports of power outages, over 1,000 customers are affected in southern Jones and northern Taylor counties.
A series of storms, moving from the northwest to the southeast brought in straight line winds at over 70 mph and torrential rains.
Several reports have been three and four inches of rain in areas of town, including one over four inches on Judge Ely and EN 10th Street.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend