ABILENE, Texas - Storms Thursday afternoon and evening brought high winds that ripped off roofs, downed trees and power lines, and flooded parts of the Big Country.
Winds were clocked in excess of 60 miles per hour in many areas.
An unconfirmed tornado was spotted over Rotan in Fisher County before 6 pm.
A severe thunderstorm blew through Abilene just before 7 pm. Winds at Dyess Air Force Base were clocked at more than 60 miles per hour.
The winds blew down power lines and tree limbs littered the streets. Many areas of town were without power for some time.
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Hot and sunny weekend ahead
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self