ABILENE, Texas - A strong cold front entered the Big Country Thursday night bringing with it needed rainfall, but also a few severe storms.
That strong cold front dumped heavy rain and up to marble size hail in parts of the Big Country.
Albany suffered storm damage from strong winds that gusted to 60 mph.
A house and large factory suffered roof damage and trees and powerlines were reported down.
Storm reports from Sweetwater included damaging winds that knocked down trees and utility poles.
Quarter size hail was reported in Grape Creek, Dudley, Clyde and east of Abilene.
Here's a look at some rainfall totals from the area:
Abilene Regional .68" ... Hamby .58" ... Southeast of Abilene .56" ... KTXS Studios .18" ... Coleman .03" ... Bronte .02" ... San Angelo Mathis Field .01"
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store