ABILENE, Texas - Wind gusts up to 40 mph were enough to strip siding off of an Abilene apartment complex Wednesday afternoon.
The damage occurred to a building on the south side of the Newport Village Apartment complex.
Sustained winds will continue to blow in from the south at 20 to 25 mph, gusting higher at times, through Thursday afternoon.
The strong winds, along with unseasonably warm temperatures and low relative humidities, will result in an elevated fire danger Thursday.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin