ABILENE, Texas - Wind gusts up to 40 mph were enough to strip siding off of an Abilene apartment complex Wednesday afternoon.
The damage occurred to a building on the south side of the Newport Village Apartment complex.
Sustained winds will continue to blow in from the south at 20 to 25 mph, gusting higher at times, through Thursday afternoon.
The strong winds, along with unseasonably warm temperatures and low relative humidities, will result in an elevated fire danger Thursday.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week