ABILENE, Texas - Wind gusts up to 40 mph were enough to strip siding off of an Abilene apartment complex Wednesday afternoon.
The damage occurred to a building on the south side of the Newport Village Apartment complex.
Sustained winds will continue to blow in from the south at 20 to 25 mph, gusting higher at times, through Thursday afternoon.
The strong winds, along with unseasonably warm temperatures and low relative humidities, will result in an elevated fire danger Thursday.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide